We have just won renewed accreditation from a major industry body for our journalism and broadcasting courses here at the Atrium, home of the University of Glamorgan’s creative industries faculty in central Cardiff.
The accreditation comes from the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), and it’s for:
- MA Radio
- MA Journalism
- MA Journalism (International)
We already have accreditation from the same body for our undergraduate degree BA Journalism.
The BJTC badge is a significant sign of recognition in the media industries, and provides direct benefit for students in help with accessing high quality work placements.
As a snapshot from the MA accreditation, the BJTC’s panel noted that we have recruited excellent students who are delighted with the quality of teaching, and who have historically progressed to an interesting range of career destinations. Exposure Radio, which is the flagship platform for their practical work, won especially high praise.
In the meantime, it’s been busy here in other ways:
- Journalism lecturer Craig Hooper has just won a Golden Apple prize from the Students’ Union, for his fine teaching.
- Journalism students in year three are off on a course trip to Lundy Island later this month.
- Some of the top people from the National Union of Journalists spent an afternoon last week talking to our students, and others, here at the Atrium.
- And we’re planning to host a visit from our friends in Oklahoma, as part of their annual journalism students’ trip to Europe.
We’ll be posting more news – not least about what our students are up to – during the coming weeks. There are still places available on the above courses, plus BA Radio.